The start of the 2020-21 school year has been delayed until August 24, at the earliest, depending on the spread of COVID-19. See the revised 2020-21 school year here.
Berkley Charter School (Elementary) Reopening Plan ← Click the link to see information about our Reopening Plan. *Spanish version below
We hope everyone is staying safe this summer! We have two announcements to make.
- For those who have already prepaid for a 19-20 yearbook, we will be conducting a drive through for pick up at the school from 9:00am – 11:00am on Tuesday July 14, 2020. Please remain in your car. Yearbooks not picked up during the drive through will be available in the office during regular office hours after the July 14th drive through. This is only for those who have prepaid for a yearbook. If we have some left over, they will be available for purchase after school starts.
- T-shirts and school agendas will be on sale in the office beginning July 20, 2020. Office hours will be from 8:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
Welcome to our official website. There’s a lot of information about our elementary school for you to explore here. We appreciate your interest in our school.
Berkley Charter School is committed to Learning For All, Whatever It Takes! We provide an optimal learning environment that emphasizes research-based effective practices, time on task, and an integrated relevant curriculum. Learning for all includes ensuring that all students have the resources necessary to achieve optimal learning, as well as providing a well-trained, caring staff that utilizes student data analysis to drive instructional practices.
Student Capacity 696
•Berkley is an “A” rated school.
- Berkley is also designated a High Performing Charter School and a School of Excellence by Florida’s Department of Education.
- Berkley opened for learning in August 2000 at our current location.
- Berkley became a conversion charter in 2003.
- Berkley serves grades K-5.
- Berkley also serves pre-K 3 and pre-K 4 (private pre-k).
- Berkley offers courses in Dance, Music, Art, P.E., Media, and Computers.
- Berkley offers high academic standards in core curriculum classes.
- Berkley offers innovative technology as a significant part of teaching and learning.
- Since our inception, Berkley has been a Kagan Cooperative Learning School.
Current & Upcoming Events
In the case of a hurricane, or any other unfavorable weather, Berkley follows the district’s plan; When Polk County School Board cancels school due to weather conditions, so do we. While we will try to send out phone recordings and social media postings, parents can be assured that Berkley will be closed when the news reports that Polk County schools are closed. *Designated Storm Make-up Days: 11/23, 11/24, 2/16, and 6/8
Early Dismissal Days
Students will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m. on the following days:
Friday, September 4, 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Friday, February 12, 2021
Friday, March 19, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Parental Involvement Liaison & Custodian of Records
Jennifer Cervantes is Berkley’s Parental Involvement Liaison and Custodian of Records. Please contact Mrs. Cervantes if you need any assistance with resolving any school related questions, concerns, or disputes, or have a public records request.
Mrs. Cervantes’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . Mrs. Cervantes can also be reached by calling our front office at 863.968.5024.
Student Health Coverage
Low Cost or Free Health Covereage is available to our students through Florida KidCare. Click on link below for details.
Reporting Professional Misconduct
Berkley’s contact person is Gayle Thomas. Reports can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Click on the following link to find out more information about reporting misconduct.
DonorsChoose is a non profit organization that allows individuals to donate directly to public school classroom projects. Check out Berkley’s page to see the projects our teachers have posted.
Questions? Contact us.
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.