Application Window for Student Enrollment
We will be accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year during our week of open enrollment, April 2 – 6, 2018. Applications during this window can be submitted online or via email, fax, or brought into the front office.
Welcome to our official website. There’s lots of information about our elementary school for you to explore here. We appreciate your interest in our school.
Berkley Charter School is committed to Learning For All, Whatever It Takes! We provide an optimal learning environment that emphasizes research-based effective practices, time on task, and an integrated relevant curriculum. Learning for all includes ensuring that all students have the resources necessary to achieve optimal learning, as well as providing a well-trained, caring staff that utilizes student data analysis to drive instructional practices.
Student Capacity 696
• Berkley opened for learning in August 2000 at our current location.
• Berkley became a conversion charter in 2003.
• Berkley serves grades K-5.
• Berkley also serves pre-K 3 and pre-K 4 (private pre-k).
• Berkley offers courses in Dance, Music, Art, P.E., Media, and Computers.
• Berkley offers high academic standards in core curriculum classes.
• Berkley offers innovative technology as a significant part of teaching and learning.
•Berkley has been designated a high performing charter school by the Florida Department of Education.
• Since our inception, Berkley has been a Kagan Cooperative Learning School.
These are just a few of the many reasons that make Berkley a great place to learn!
Current & Upcoming Events
- Freestyle Friday – March 2
- FSA Writing (Grades 4 & 5) – March 6
- Family Night/Pinewood Derby – March 8
- Daylight Saving (Spring Forward 1 Hour) – March 11
- Book Fair – March 12 – 19
- End of 3rd 9 weeks – March 14
- Spring Break – March 26 – 30
- Open Media Night on Tuesdays. The Media Center will be open Tuesdays from 3:15 – 6:00 pm for students to read and take A.R. tests. All students must be accompanied by an adult.
March at a glance → March2018
2017-2018 at a glance → Berkley Calendar 2017-18 (revised 9-21-17)
2018-2019 School Calendar → Berkley Calendar 2018-19
In the case of a hurricane, or any other unfavorable weather, Berkley follows the district’s plan; When Polk County School Board cancels school due to weather conditions, so do we. While we will try to send out phone recordings and social media postings, parents can be assured that Berkley will be closed when the news reports that Polk County schools are closed. *Designated Storm Make-up Days: 11/20/17, 11/21/17, 2/26/18
Early Dismissal Days
Changed to full instructional days
Students will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m. on the following days:
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017 – canceled
Friday, November 17, 2017 – canceled
Wednesday, January 24, 2018 – canceled
Wednesday, February 7, 2018 – canceled
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 – canceled
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 – canceled
Berkley offers before and after school Kid Care for students in grades K-5. Click on the following attachments for more information.
Parental Involvement Liaison & Custodian of Records
Jennifer Cervantes is Berkley’s Parental Involvement Liaison and Custodian of Records. Please contact Mrs. Cervantes if you need any assistance with resolving any school related questions, concerns, or disputes, or have a public records request.
Mrs. Cervantes’s email address is email@example.com . Mrs. Cervantes can also be reached by calling our front office at 863.968.5024.
Student Health Coverage
Low Cost or Free Health Covereage is available to our students through Florida KidCare. Click on link below for details.
Reporting Professional Misconduct
Berkley’s contact person is Gayle Thomas. Reports can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the following link to find out more information about reporting misconduct.
DonorsChoose is a non profit organization that allows individuals to donate directly to public school classroom projects. Check out Berkley’s page to see the projects our teachers have posted.
Pick a project that inspires you……and donate any amount.