Welcome to Berkley Charter School’s official website!
Student Capacity: 696 (K-5) & 97 (PreK)
Bell Schedule: 7:50 – 2:50
*Bus Riders/Walkers dismissed at 3:00
In the case of a hurricane, or any other unfavorable weather, Berkley follows the district’s plan; When Polk County School Board cancels school due to weather conditions, so do we. While we will try to send out phone recordings and social media postings, parents can be assured that Berkley will be closed when the news reports that Polk County schools are closed. *Designated Storm Make-up Days: 11/23, 11/24, 2/16, and 6/8
Early Dismissal Days
Students will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m. on the following days:
Friday, September 4, 2020 Thursday, October 22, 2020 Friday, November 20, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Friday, February 12, 2021
Friday, March 19, 2021
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Thursday, June 3, 2021
Let’s work together to keep Covid-19 off our campus!
- Students should stay home if they are ill, or experiencing any potential Covid symptoms. These symptoms include any of the following: fever, congestion, sore throat, chills, uncontrollable cough, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle or body aches, or a severe headache.
- Students must stay home if they, or anyone in the household, is awaiting Covid test results.
- If you child is presenting symptoms or you have any Covid-related questions or concerns, please contact our Covid Coordinator, Deanna Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Berkley is an “A” rated school.
- Berkley is also designated a High Performing Charter School and a School of Excellence by Florida’s Department of Education.
- Berkley opened for learning in August 2000 at our current location.
- Berkley became a conversion charter in 2003.
- Berkley serves grades K-5.
- Berkley also serves pre-K 3 and pre-K 4 (private pre-k).
- Berkley offers courses in Music, Art, P.E., Media, and Spanish.
- Berkley offers high academic standards in core curriculum classes.
- Berkley offers innovative technology as a significant part of teaching and learning.
- Since our inception, Berkley has been a Kagan Cooperative Learning School.
Berkley Charter School is committed to Learning For All, Whatever It Takes! We provide an optimal learning environment that emphasizes research-based effective practices, time on task, and an integrated relevant curriculum. Learning for all includes ensuring that all students have the resources necessary to achieve optimal learning, as well as providing a well-trained, caring staff that utilizes student data analysis to drive instructional practices.
Parental Involvement Liaison & Custodian of Records
Jennifer Cervantes is Berkley’s Parental Involvement Liaison and Custodian of Records. Please contact Mrs. Cervantes if you need any assistance with resolving any school related questions, concerns, or disputes, or have a public records request.
Mrs. Cervantes’s email address is email@example.com . Mrs. Cervantes can also be reached by calling our front office at 863.968.5024.
Student Health Coverage
Low Cost or Free Health Covereage is available to our students through Florida KidCare. Click on link below for details.
Reporting Professional Misconduct
Berkley’s contact person is Gayle Thomas. Reports can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the following link to find out more information about reporting misconduct.
Questions? Contact us.
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.